The CPR Instructor Course will allow the participant to teach American Heart Association and American Red Cross courses. An instructor who is interested in teaching BLS level certification classes must be a licensed or certified healthcare worker. An instructor who is not a healthcare worker may teach the Heartsaver CPR/AED, First Aid, Pediatric First Aid CPR AED, and Friends & Family CPR. In addition, if you are a healthcare provider you can also become an AHA instructor in the ACLS and PALS.
The steps are simple – get started today!
- Give us a call before enrolling in our Instructor Course. This is a simple call to discuss your interest and the prerequisites.
- Email us a copy of your current AHA CPR certification card and the instructor candidate application.
- Pick up your instructor materials and complete the discipline-specific online Instructor Essentials Course (link available after registration received).
- Successfully complete the Instructor Course with our training facility.
- Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months of completing the Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators/Faculty can require additional monitoring.
Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network or ARC Learning Center. The instructor renewal process is every 2 years and an instructor must teach at least twice a year per discipline. The cost to renew is $50 per discipline every two years.
NOTE: Cost includes all instructor materials required by AHA including AHA Provider manual, AHA Instructor manual, AHA Instructor Essentials course, and AHA Course DVD. The course fee does NOT include equipment or supplies needed to teach your first class (manikins, AED trainers, BVMs, student manuals, eCards, and associated student supplies). You may choose to purchase these supplies from us for an additional fee.
Course registration closes 10 days prior to class to allow time to receive instructor materials and complete online portion.
Course Length: 8 hours
Price: Heartsaver $699.00 | BLS $499.00 | BLS/ACLS $1075.00 | BLS/ACLS/PALS $1600.00